Skip to main content

Gujarat and Safety

 A video has supposedly gone viral in poll bound Gujarat (Surprising, how I was not able to find this viral on youtube, facebook, google. None of the friends I spoke to have seen it on whatsapp either). This controversial video is being given communal flavour by the presstitutes and covered as front page news. Election commission has ordered a probe, banned the video. Cybercrime Cell is investigating its origins. Libtards are demanding strict action against those who made and circulated the video. I fail to understand how the speeches by the likes of Owaisi and Abdullah are not found inflammatory and they are not imprisoned for instigating communal divide.

This video, is in no way communal as being portrayed by the presstitutes, Libtards and siculars. I haven’t seen the video, but what I’ve read is: The video shows a girl hurrying back home; through a deserted locality with some sound playing in the background (probably azaan). When she finally enters her house, her worried parents jump in relief and embrace her. Her mother looks at the camera and says, “Surprised that this is Gujarat?” The father adds: “This was Gujarat 22 years ago. And this can happen again if they return.” The clip ends with a line that reads, “Our vote, our safety.”

Recheck the facts and the script. 22 years ago Gujarat saw the last of Congress government in the state. This is a clear attack on Congress governance, not against a community. State of affairs then were grave. Riots were a commonplace. Communal violence was frequent. Safety was a major concern. Forget girls, boys were scared of going around late at night. Some areas were forbidden- parents would never allow anyone go anywhere near the areas. Pakistan defeating India was celebrated. Once I wandered off into one such area and saw Pak flags fluttering in broad daylight. I realised I was in a wrong place and quickly turned my bike around.

I spoke to some Gujarati friends who say the business has been great. Investments are coming in fast and easy. Post liberalization, due to the frequent disturbances, MNC’s and local business giants were not keen on investing in Gujarat. The projects and investments in Gujarat over the last 2 decades is testimony of the business environment. People roam around fearless at night. Crime rate is low. Girls can go alone at night. It’s safe. Gujarat has seen prolonged peace and increased safety over the last decade and a half. Probably the effect of good governance. or people realizing peace is good for business and development.


I haven’t seen the video. But safety is a genuine concern. I do not want this peace and freedom to go. It’s highly unlikely that congress comes back to power. But the concern for safety is genuine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual Greeting, Social Celebration and Real Relations

Facebook greeted me with a message, as the year came to a close.  Do I care?  Obviously Not. My year ended pretty good, even with this note from Facebook.   But, Should you care? Real World Connections. I have close to 2000 friends on Facebook. All of whom I have met, most I fondly interact whenever I meet. (Few are mere acquaintances). The number would have been greater if all my friends were on Facebook and connected. I have made friends in real life and later connected with them on Facebook. The friends on my list are from my School days, College, Band of Brothers from the Armed Forces, Training academies, various courses I've attended, people with whom I've served in various tenures. My batch mates from MBA. Colleagues from the companies I've worked with. Neighbours from places I've stayed at. Friends with whom I've gone on trips. My students, participants and trainers- from the trainings I've attended and imparted. Friends I made on var

Journalism and Activism or Intellectual Terrorism

Sometime back- before the COVID-19 caught everybody's attention, I met an American journalist/activist at one of the premier education institute. Throughout the conversation (where I was on the sidelines- as I had gone to meet some faculty), the active participants - the faculty, research associates and PhD candidates were giving him inputs. Being a journalist, he was taking meticulous notes. He was visiting India and reporting a few things, supporting activists and causes. But what??? There were only 3 topics on which he was asking questions and seeking opinions. Ram Mandir verdict, Citizenship Amendment Act and Rafael deal. This may have been okay- had he been genuinely seeking opinions. He had visited Ayodhya the week before and was narrating his experiences. Within a few minutes, I understood that he was primarily seeking anti views only. He was out rightly rejecting/ignoring any views otherwise. Needless to say, the audience (maybe awed by white skin and accent- lot of us

Legacy of IIT/IIM

A particular tweet caught my attention a while ago. Well, IIT Kharagpur (the idea) was conceptualized in 1946 (pre-independence) and started functioning from 1950. The next 4 IIT were simply replicating the idea. Yes it did happen in the congress rule. However, the very idea of IIT like institute had nothing to do with Indian National Congress. Lets still give credit to INC for setting up the institutes like IIT Delhi, Madras, Powai and IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Calcutta (The original names). These became world class institutes over time. The reputation was recognized in the best of the institutes world over. I had the opportunity to study at one of the best B-Schools (Wharton) and interact with multi-Ethnic students and faculty. They spoke of some professor or their PhD guide etc. who were from IIT/IIM; with great respect, for their knowledge, professionalism and calibre. In the first decade of this millennium, INC commoditised IIT/IIM and started opening it in every nook